10/25/2012 No Mercy for Illness

I worked only 5 hours, tonight.  And all was normal, until I felt extremely queasy, and worried I might be sick.  Luckily, I went on my break, and promptly threw up.  I returned, hoping to go home, since half my shift was completed, so I wouldn't be considered absent.  If I could find a CSM, it would have helped!  Nobody was in sight, and eventually, I saw Quinn*, a manager-in-training with the board behind the customer service desk.  I approached, and was given the 'hold on' finger.  A good 10 minutes went by, before she told me a register to go to.  I tried to tell her actually I think I needed to go home.  10 more minutes go by, during which time I vomited again.  She instructed me to sit and wait at one of the registers for our manager Mike.*  For what? I still don't know.. Perhaps to confirm I was truly ill, or warn me of the trouble I'd be in for legitimately needing to go home.  I sat crunched over, shaking, trying to avoid dry-heaving.  Mike didn't show up for another 20 minutes, by which time I was ready to just wait in the bathroom, curled around a toilet.  He let me go, finally, though not without  a reminder of how many absences I was allowed.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment