10/24/2012 They'll try to Cheat you out of a Lunch

 So  tonight I was scheduled for 6 hours.  The problem with  this is that when you work 6  hours or more you have to take a lunch.  However,  if I took my lunch that would mean I worked only 5 and a half hours,  which would mean I don't get a lunch. I told my CSM  this, only to be told she would have to 'confirm.'  I waited several hours and was sent on my break.  After returning, I mentioned it again.  Again, they said they needed to 'confirm.'  Twenty minutes later I'm told I will not be getting a lunch.  The register supposedly won't lock me out if I leave right before I hit 6 hours.  Furious now, I tried to argue back that the rules clearly state that working 6 hours or more means you must get a lunch.  They had only drilled this into our heads on 3 different occasions at orientation!  I was now planning to just go to my lunch without being instructed to, considering, how often are we EVER able to clock out right on time? Plus, why the fuck should I have to haul ass off the register to clock out right at 6 hours so they could avoid me needing a lunch?  Now, another CSM arrives to try to convince me I didn't get a lunch.  This time I nearly had to throw a fit to get my damn lunch.  But eventually, I did.  After returning I got a scolding for 'having an attitude' and demanding a lunch even when I wasn't deserving of one.  Apparently they just gave in because they didn't want to argue any more.  I tried yet again, to explain the reason behind my near-tantrum.  To no avail, of course.  Later that evening, I was informed that I was right.  Had I not taken a lunch, I'd have been 'coached' for it.  No hint of apology was in the announcement, though I was told, AGAIN, that my 'attitude' was uncalled-for and definitely not appreciated.  I left that night still furious, and still wondering, SO WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO, THEN?! If not for my 'attitude' I wouldn't have gotten my lunch, and therefore, would have gotten in trouble for it..  The saddest part is, I didn't even give a damn that much about the lunch, I just didn't want them to be taken advantage of any further.

No comments:

Post a Comment