10/21/2012 Treated Like a Cash-cow

I had a very unusual traditional 8-5 shift today.  I started my day off fine, I guess.  My arm was still swollen from the allergy shots yesterday.  I decided to wear a sweatshirt over my uniform blue shirt, in effort to cover up the horror.  I took plenty of benadryl, hoping it would calm the swelling, but when I got to work, I still faintly resembled the Elephant Man... I tried as hard as I could to keep the sweatshirt on, but, after about 20 minutes I just gave up.  I was dripping sweat all over the scanner!  Plus, the swelling was extremely painful.  I hoped that at least for this special circumstance, they'd let me go to layaway or customer service.  Considering they do a hell of a lot less lifting and two-arm-assembly-line bagging, in my situation, I thought I should at least get to go there today.  N OPE!  They 'need me at a register,' I was told, despite the physical view of my arm, which I offered.  Anna,* another CSM barely looked up from her goddamn beeper!  She offered a 'simple' solution:  I should just go slower then, if it hurts.  Okay, that wouldn't a bad suggestion, if we weren't subjected to Big Brother's Watching-like monitoring!  Had I decided to take it easy for ONE day because I was legitimately injured, my SPH would have shot down to the $500s or less.  Then I'd get yet another unsympathetic coaching (browbeating) from Katherine* who'd say condescendingly, not hiding the laugh towards me as she said it "OK, well you see, all cashiers have a goal set, and when not met, we have to cut back on things.  Hours, NEW EMPLOYEES, stuff like that.."  Definitely no emphasis on the words new employees.  Don;t worry, Katherine, I GET IT.  So, now I was left with two options: slow down, as not to cause more pain to my swollen arm, simultaneously falling below my cashier goal.  Or, I could continue to exert all of my strength despite the pain, not to mention what customers must have thought of me.  Choosing the second option, having no other one really, I am sure I looked pained, heaving lazy fucking customers cases of water to the bottom of their carts, etc.  So now it seems I'm treated even more fairly by my supervisors-Not only am I never even acknowledged upon my very small requests to train in the other areas, (while others don't even have to ask, being simply told by the CSMs to do it), but even when I'm not physically capable of operating the register at full speed, (and the lazy shits standing at the customer service desk are) still wouldn't allow me to switch with them... F.U., Walmart-in two ways:
FUCK YOU, and I'm FED UP.  *Sigh* If only the company's open-door policy were actually confidential...

No comments:

Post a Comment