10/16/2012 Forced into Uncomfortable Situations

So today begins like usual, swing shift 3-11 pm.  I was put at my favorite register, 10, which is so great because it actually WORKS! Unlike the others, the belt sensor is functioning and doesn't crush everything, the scanner is very sensitive, so one swipe does it, and the system doesn't lag on transactions.  Except for the fact that it is in front of the nail salon, which often the fumes from make me dizzy, it's perfect.  I'd deal with the fumes to stay on that register any time.  I'm able to keep up my (mandatory) IPH, which was up to 700+ by the first half of my shift.  So in line I happened to notice a woman who notoriously lies about her price matches, and called a CSM for the ads ahead of time, to try to speed up the process.  When she arrived she hounded me about specifically WHY I needed the ads.. Was I supposed to say right in front of the woman, "Oh, I need them because I know this woman is going to lie about her price matches."? So after I finally managed to convince her to go get them, the woman starts telling her friend, who was buying the items, in Spanish, exactly what she was going to do.  I understand Spanish, little did she, or most people, know, and heard everything.  CSM Ally* returned just in time to hear the women tell me they no longer wanted the 20 or so items they'd planned to match.  Conveniently.  They had hoped while she was getting the ads they could get me to match the items and pay for them before Ally got back.  I then got a dirty look from Ally for apparently wasting her time...

No comments:

Post a Comment