10/13/2012 Punished for Doing Well

Today I was stuck at register 18, the WORST one in the store!  Not only does the belt go completely crazy and crunch everything unless controlled manually, but it's extremely hot underneath due to outdated register equipment and the scanner takes at least 3-4 swipes across it sometimes for an item to scan.  Not to mention the odd fact that they ALWAYS seem to put us there.  Why the hell are we forced onto a register that doesn't work and slows us down when we'd be MUCH faster at any other one?!  It feels like sabotage!  And it's also not fair.  We have a required IPH of 600 daily, but the weekly average varies per person.  Mine is set at 1100 because I made the mistake of doing too well when I started.  Now they just expect that much of me all the time, and think I'm slacking when I do any less, even though any less would still be far better than the majority of the other cashiers.  How exactly are we, me especially, supposed to meet our quota on this goddamn awful register??!!?!?!  To make it worse, our ZS Katherine* was there today.  Several times I turned around to realize she was standing there just watching over my shoulder, like she was just waiting for me to screw up!  I swear she does this on purpose!  If an employee isn't doing anything wrong, why not LEAVE THEM ALONE?... Plus, she SAW how much I was struggling on this register and knew I was getting stressed about it.  She just smiled as she watched me. I guess it was entertaining to see me struggling, anxiety over meeting my IPH getting worse and worse... I'm glad she was enjoying herself...

No comments:

Post a Comment