An update of our coalition mission

I came to the conclusion that Katherine only came to work on the days she was especially pissed about something personal.  That way, when she got to work, she could take it out on someone (everyone) and then of course, only stay until she'd gotten over whatever it was...Something I can't understand is why CSMs think that being rude to us is going to actually help them out in the long run. When they don't stress us out, we don't make mistakes.  When we don't make mistakes, they don't have as many problems to stress about! So ultimately, by mistreating the cashiers and staff, they are making their own jobs harder...Welcome to Walmart !... ANYWAY, after seeing Katherine at the customer service desk, I prepared myself for the impending browbeating about any of the following: wearing a red jacket over my uniform shirt, bringing a bag to carry my cashier-crap to the register, not having my own sale ads, being 30 seconds late clocking in, etc.  And to my utter shock-NOTHING.  I didn't actually notice her unusual behavior until later that night though.  A coworker, the one who used to manage a car dealership, said he'd gone all day without a single put-down from Katherine!  Another coworker said she had actually received compliments from her. That's when the light bulb went off-I hadn't been criticized all day either!  The coworker, Noah* gave me a high five all of a sudden. Our plan must have worked, we figured.  I mentioned that I'd never been told whether the claims I filed had been handled, despite being issued a case # after submitting. Noah explained that they couldn't tell me if it was being handled or not, as it was a possible privacy intrusion or something.  I was thrilled at the thought that we finally got some use out of the open-door policy Walmart clings to like a life preserver.  Of course, I guess I'll never know for sure, but it does seem like there's been an improvement from Katherine.  
KILL CONFIRMED.
If anyone feels hesitant to use the open-door policy, I don't blame you. You never know who your managers are connected to, and it's possible the manager you just entrusted with a complaint is actually really good friends with the person you are complaining about.  And, of course, from there, it only backfires.  But, we, me especially, simply went to the Ethics concerns site, and submitted the same claim literally every single day.  A week later, the 5+ of us making the claims started to get a shred of justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment